Re: [Britney] RfC/RfR: Rewrite age requirement implementation

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 22:42:44 +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created a patch to make Britney track package ageing with higher
> resolution.  The patch is attached along with the patch for the test suite.
>
> Please review the patch(es) and let me know if you have any concerns
> with it.
>
>  * If I do not hear objections about the proposal, I intend to merge it
>    in a week.

So I guess one concern I have is for complex transitions we often end up
doing quite a few britney test runs, and this will make it more likely
that test runs end up with different results from the "real" one.
Arguably that could happen today if you're not running after whichever
comes last of "last dinstall before britney" and "1800Z BugsV update",
but my screwup (and resulting nightmares :) ) from the last perl
transition makes me a bit hesitant.  (Plus I don't really mind the
morning run being mostly autoremovals.)

Anyway, take that for what little it's worth, I don't have a strong
opinion either way.

Cheers,
Julien