Re: Updating ca-certificates through stable-updates

Michael Shuler:
> On 11/25/2015 03:18 PM, Andrew Ayer wrote:
>> Hi Stable Release Managers,
>>
>> We're currently discussing in #806239 how to keep the
>> ca-certificates package more up-to-date in (old)stable.  Since
>> ca-certificates is a data package that needs timely updating (when CAs
>> are removed due to lapsed audits, they should be distrusted
>> immediately), it satisfies the criteria for stable-updates posted here:
>>
>> 	https://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110215
>>
>> I just wanted to confirm that the SRMs would be OK pushing out new
>> ca-certificates packages through stable-updates.
>
> Hi release team,
>
> I just requested an upload of ca-certificates (20151204) to unstable,
> and I would like to follow that up with stable-pu and oldstable-pu
> updates to include the current Mozilla CA bundle changes for jessie and
> wheezy.
>
> I appears that I did a wheezy-pu update last year on #743156, but wanted
> to clarify if these upcoming uploads will be acceptable.

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in patching ca-certificates in the stable releases.

Could I perhaps convince you to file this (kind of) request as a pu bug?
 They are much easier for us to track than mails to the mailing list.
  I appreciate that you might have been sending this mail to avoid the
pu-bug.  Unfortunately, we often end up forgetting the mail on our TODO
list if it is not listed in the bug tracker.

Thanks,
~Niels