Re: testing migration errors about libqt4-webkit

On 2015-09-14 16:54, Daniel Pocock wrote:
On 14/09/15 17:34, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
On Monday 14 September 2015 10:12:40 Daniel Pocock wrote:
https://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=postbooks tells me that my package didn't migrate to testing because "libqt4-webkit is
not available in Debian"

Well, it also says "Updating postbooks makes 1 non-depending packages uninstallable on amd64: postbooks-updater", which is more relevant.

I unpacked the binary package[1] with "dpkg -e ..." and looking inside
the control file, libqt4-webkit is not mentioned anywhere.  It only
depends on libqtwebkit4 (>= 2.1.0~2011week13)
[...]

I'm not sure why it's getting the package name wrong, other than because the script needs rewriting from scratch (to handle multiple architectures (at least amd64), deal sensibly with extra-source-only, notice that the package is being auto-hinted, etc). If you want to know what's going on with britney, I'd suggest looking at output that's generated by britney (i.e. britney logs and/or grep-excuses).

It's possible / probable that the "not available in Debian" is due to the fact that (as it says) the script only checks binary dependencies on i386, and postbooks doesn't build there.

Can anybody in the release team comment on this?

I have to admit that I'm failing to spot what the exact issue is, other than postbooks and postbooks-updater want to migrate to testing at the same time but don't have an explicit dependency relationship (and I believe that Niels has added a hint to achieve that while I was checking things and writing this reply).

Regards,

Adam