Re: libstdc++ follow-up transitions

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 08:48:54 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:

> Release team, here are some suggestions for binNMUs and other
> wanna-build interactions:
>
> Fixes for some earlier failures, and version skews caused by
> maintainer-built binaries not being discarded:
>
> # retry failed build with binNMU'd imagemagick
> gb pfstools_1.8.5-2.1 . amd64

Done a couple of days ago.

> # for opencv transition; maintainer upload had the old opencv
> nmu ffmpeg_7:2.7.2-2 . amd64 . -m "rebuild with libopencv-core2.4v5"

$ wb nmu ffmpeg . amd64 mips mipsel . -m 'Build against renamed opencv for g++5 transition' --extra-depends 'libopencv-dev (>= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.2)'

> Looking at the build-dependencies of the "bad" packages, the following
> transitions (mostly small ones) don't appear to be entangled with
> anything that hasn't already started or involve rebuilding any libraries
> that are thought to need transitions, so they might be a good way to
> reduce the problem space and make it easier to reason about larger
> transitions:
>
> * https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-adplug.html

done

> * https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-assimp.html

blocked by #794990

> * https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-gflags.html

essentially done

> * https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-givaro.html

need to check linbox I guess.  I thought I'd done that, but I guess not.

> * https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-gstreamermm-1.0.html

Looks all done

> * https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-libassa.html

$ wb gb granule . ANY