Bug#784963: jessie-pu: preapproval for gdnsd/2.1.2-1~deb8u1
I'd like to upload new version of gdnsd to spu. This would be a new upstream
release, 2.1.2, but this is from the 2.1.x stable maintenance branch which
contains only critical fixes. Upstream is using SemVer and has moved major
releases to the 2.2.x versioning scheme (2.2.0 was released a few months ago).
There are no Debian-related changes between 2.1.0-1 and 2.1.2-1.
Upstream-wise, the 2.1.0 - 2.1.2 work is 8 commits which can be documented
with the following changelog:
2.1.2 - 2015-05-06
* Cherrypicked manpage title bugfix from v2.2.0 - (was f7672493 there)
(Because newer perl pod2man commands fail completely without
a valid title)
2.1.1 - 2014-12-30
*** Bugfixes backported from master branch:
* Fixed incorrect error-handling code for the sendmmsg() syscall, which
could have caused an unecessary additional dropped packet and/or
bad error messages after failing to send one or more packets from a set.
* The per-address level udp_recv_width option is now correctly limited to
a value of 64 (previously it was being incorrectly limited to 32).
* plugin_multifo no longer pointlessly limits to 64 addrs per family
* plugin_extmon bugfix for bad timeout/interval behavior if either >255s
* if the stats http socket failed to bind() on startup, the daemon
could carry on anyways, causing it to bind to a different, arbitrary
* Fixed autoconf 2.63 compat when running autoreconf (broken in 2.1.0)
2.1.2-1 has been upload to unstable and has migrated to testing already.
(I can attach a full debdiff if requested, essentially all upstream and same to
jessie->stretch diff; let me know)
Thanks for the consideration,