Possible unblock request of snort+daq into testing?

Dear Release Managers,

Snort and Daq where removed from testing on December 7th following an upload
to the daq library which did not follow the freeze policy.

Currently, both Snort (2.9.7.0-4) and daq (2.0.4-3) have been available in
unstable for more than a month. Both bugs are RC-free.

I would like to know if it would be OK for me to request an unblock request for
these packages in order for them to be included (again) into testing.

Please consider the following:

  - The Snort version provided in Unstable is fully supported upstream

  - The 'daq' library is only used by Snort, introducing this new library does
    not disturb in any way other packages in the distribution.

  - The Snort version currently available in Stable  (2.9.2.2-3) is not
    supported for new rule updates from snort.org

    Users running this or the version that was available in testing
    (2.9.5.3-3) are not supported either.

    The current situation (i.e. no new version of Snort available in testing)
    leaves Debian users without an upgrade path. Their only options are to
    build Snort from upstream sources or manually backport the unstable
    packages.

I understand that this case might not be fully in line with the freeze
policy, but I think it is in the best interest of our stable users that a
popular IT security tool is provided both for those that require updates or
want to install and protect their systems.

IMHO our users should not be impacted by maintainer's mistakes and they
should be our top priority.

Thanks for considering it.

Best regards,

Javier