Re: Re: Last hints for d-i, upload tomorrow

(CC'ed in case you guys subscribed to -release. I am subscribed
so please no CC)

Quoting Michael Tokarev (mjt@tls.msk.ru):

> So you're continuing to ruin my (hard in this case) work, spreading lies
> (invasive) and confirming you're against others working on debian.

Given that Cyril is THE person that currently makes Debian Installer
to happen, I would kindly ask you to refrain on such claims, please.

You may have disagreements (which I don't share) but please keep the
tone low and polite.

We have a good release manager for D-I and, believe me, this is hard
to find and you probably don't imagine the hard work he has for every
release. For people who follow Debian closely, they probably noticed
that Cyril obviously went through hard times recently and I felt some
kind of demotivation in his mails, sometimes. I would prefer that
nobody pushes harder in that direction.

So, well, your work on busybox is very highly appreciated and
valued. Yes, it was in a bad state and you definitely revived
it. We're all deeply thankful for that.

> That's fine with me too.  I can continue maintain local copy of busybox
> the same way as I did before I took over its maintenance, because in
> debian it was in *awful* state and mostly unusable.
>
> (For the record: all the recent changes I made in busybox is needed for jessie,
> I especially and carefully selected the minimal set.  We had it in broken state
> for too long.)

If these changes are needed for jessie, please follow the Debian
release managers guidelines : point which release critical bugs are
fixed by these fixes, and aruge with the Release Team about unblocks
by providing patches (or just copy/pasting them from git) so that one
release manager can  make his|her own decision, with the help of
Cyril.

If that doesn't happen, then you can't hardly complain. Yes that may
be a PITA work to do because this is indeed really a mandatory
step. This indeed explains why important changes are better done
*before* freezes than during freezes. And, yes, sometimes, the timing
is not so good, given that all upstreams have their own schedule that
doesn't fit Debian's. But we have to live with that.