Re: About requests.packages.urllib3 in Debian

Hello Jakub,

On Wednesday 05 November 2014 12:15:29 Jakub Wilk wrote:
> Maybe it'd be overkill, but it's possible to teach Python that urllib3
> and requests.packages.urllib3 are the same thing. Adding something like
> this to the top of requests/__init__.py should do the trick:
[CUT patch]

Many thanks for the patch! On IRC Paul Tagliamonte suggested also something
like this and, after looking at half of requests dependant packages (I will
continue to look at them) I'm starting to think that this is the best solution
because it's entirely transparent both for our package and for users who
install packages on Debian using "pip install --user".

#753578 was, at first, reported upstream:

   https://github.com/mk-fg/python-onedrive/issues/13

by someone who installed a something not packaged yet for Debian.

So, before my analysis on requests' dependant is completed, I'm going to open
an RC bug on requests, fix it using Jakub's patch and than open an unblock
bug.

If there are any objections please let me know.

Kind regards,

--
 Daniele Tricoli 'Eriol'
 http://mornie.org