Re: v4l-utils transition needs some help

On 2014-07-13 23:07, Gregor Jasny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could you please take a look at v4l-utils? Upstream and I decided to
> stop supporting the V4L and DVB utilities on kFreeBSD.
>
> This resulted in the drop of the according binary packages on kFreeBSD:
> dvb-tools, ir-keytable, qv4l2, v4l-utils
>
> What's the proper action to take now?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Hi,

Please request the FTP Masters to remove these binary packages from
those architectures *from unstable*[0].  This is done by filing a
removal bug against ftp.debian.org[1].  I believe you should use the
"ANAIS" or possibly "NBS" reason.

Once the binaries have been removed from unstable, the new version
should be able to migrate from there.

~Niels

[0] Yes, unstable - not testing.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals

It is recommended to use reportbug, which will help you name your bug
title correctly.