Re: Re: Uploading linux (3.2.60-1)

On Wed, 2014-07-09 at 21:20 +0200, Jan Wagner wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Am 09.07.14 20:29, schrieb Ben Hutchings:
> > On Wed, 2014-07-09 at 18:59 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> >> The upload has since had some wider exposure as a result of being
> >> used as the basis for a security release. In the process, a few
> >> bugs have been reported regarding regressions in networking - for
> >> instance, #754173, #754197 and #754294.
> >
> > I think those are all the same bug.
> >
> > For what it's worth, my home router is running the new version
> > without any such problem.
>
> as mentioned in
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=754173#15, we could
> only reproduce this if the _client_ system was a Windows system.
> (maybe because we are running no Windows servers)
>
> Maybe you don't have a Windows client in your network? ;)

I do.

But I previously turned off GRO on the LAN interface because it doesn't
work with traffic shaping on the WAN interface (#708995), and it has
been reported that that is also a workaround for the regression.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
All the simple programs have been written, and all the good names taken.