Re: dpkg-source unpack failures

Hi!

On Sat, 2014-07-05 at 22:19:28 +0200, David Suárez wrote:
> El Lunes, 30 de junio de 2014 19:10:03 David Suárez escribió:
> > El Lunes, 30 de junio de 2014 04:29:43 Guillem Jover escribió:
> > > David, would it be possible to do a simple dpkg-source unpack run over
> > > the stable archive, with the security update (dpkg 1.16.15), to check
> > > if there's any regressions there?
> >
> > Not problem, just give me some time :)
>
> Here goes.
>
> Failures:
>
>   lldpad_0.9.44-1
>   foremost_1.5.7-4
>   dwm_6.0-4
>   usbredir_0.4.3-2
>   katoob_0.5.9.1-3
>   herculesstudio_1.3.0-2
>   kvpm_0.8.6-2+deb7u1
>   getfem++_4.1.1+dfsg1-11
>
> Logs at <http://aws-logs.debian.net/ftbfs-logs/dpkg-unpack/>

Great! David, thanks for doing that.

For the release-team, I've filed or updated now bug reports for these
issues affecting stable:

  dwm_6.0-4			#722994
  foremost_1.5.7-4		#753184
  getfem++_4.1.1+dfsg1-11	#753921
  herculesstudio_1.3.0-2	#753922
  katoob_0.5.9.1-3		#753219
  kvpm_0.8.6-2+deb7u1		#753175
  lldpad_0.9.44-1		#753235
  usbredir_0.4.3-2		#753927

Would you in principle allow uploads for all these (the provided patches
just fix the patch headers), I could send them attached if you want? Or
I guess you might want to handle each one separately anyway? As I've
mentioned in the bug reports I'm prepared to help handle the uploads if
needed, sponsoring or similar (for example the foremost one), given that
the “regression” was introduced with a dpkg upload.

(For a bit more, unnecessary, context the thread starts at
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2014/06/msg00051.html>.)

Thanks,
Guillem