Re: New proposed-updates diff: quassel 0.8.0-1+deb7u2

Hi,

On 2014-07-04 15:02, Debian Queue Viewer wrote:
+quassel (0.8.0-1+deb7u2) wheezy; urgency=medium
+
+ The certificate in /var/lib/quassel/quasselCert.pem was accessible by + all local users on this server which allows users to decipher traffic between
+  quassel core and connected clients.
+ We suggest to generate a new certificate to ensure secure communication.
+
+ -- Thomas Mueller <thomas.mueller@tmit.eu> Thu, 03 Jul 2014 14:42:18 +0200

It appears that this issue also applies to the quassel package in unstable, and has not been fixed there. What's the plan for getting that resolved? (I'm also curious as to whether this would have been better suited to a security upload, fwiw.)

For future reference, where the issue affects both stable and unstable, it's expected that the fix will be applied to unstable before looking at an upload to stable (the security team may be happy to accept fixes in advance of sid being fixed, but they can also release regression fixes much more quickly).

Regards,

Adam