Re: Autoremovals wrong on alternatives (Fwd: cyrus-imapd-2.4 is marked for autoremoval from testing)

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014, at 23:33, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Sun, Jun  1, 2014 at 23:15:37 +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > the cyrus-common-2.4 depends on:
> >
> > ssmtp | mail-transport-agent
> >
> > but even though non-RC-buggy alternative exists the packages is still
> > marked for autoremoval.
> >
> > Could this be improved, please?
> >
> I don't think it should.

Okay.

> the way to depend on a MTA is 'default-mta |
> mail-transport-agent', or 'exim4 | mail-transport-agent'.  'ssmtp |
> mail-transport-agent' is just wrong, IMO.

The fix is already on the way. Personally I don't even remember how
'ssmtp' got there, it might be there from before I become maintainer.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server