shibboleth-sp2, boost, and memcached transitions

Hello release team,

There is a new upstream version of shibboleth-sp2 that fixes a rather
annoying bug that I would like to upload.  However, it uses Boost, so the
PTS has been saying the following for quite some time:

    This package is part of the ongoing testing transition known as
    boost1.54.  Please avoid uploads unrelated to this transition, they
    would likely delay it and require supplementary work from the release
    managers.  On the other hand, if your package has problems preventing
    it to migrate to testing, please fix them as soon as possible.  You
    can probably find supplementary information in the debian-release
    archives or in the corresponding release.debian.org bug.

Presumably, this transition is having trouble and difficulty completing,
so I've been very careful to not upload the package to not interfere with
it.

However, now there is a transition-blocking bug asking for a patch to fix
builds against the new libmemcached by building in C++ 2011 standards
mode.  And normally I'd upload fairly quickly so as to unblock that
transition.

So... could I get some guidance about what to do here?  Should I go ahead
and upload the new upstream version with the fix for the libmemcached
transition?  Or keep holding off for the Boost transition?