Re: BTS and UDD disagrees on the number of RC bugs in stable

Hi Niels,

On 05/02/14 at 18:52 +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi BTS people and UDD,
>
> We have noticed that some bugs tagged wheezy-ignore appears on the BTS
> list of RC bugs affecting stable.  As an example, the list[1] contains
> #710069 and #710357.  Both of these were tagged "wheezy-ignore" on the
> 28th of November.
>
> Currently, UDD's bug view[2] claims that Wheezy has ~400 RC bugs where
> as the BTS summary page[3] thinks the number is ~500 RC bugs.

The BTS lists e.g. #710310, which is wheezy-ignore. So it seems that the
BTS ignores wheezy-ignore.

The following bugs are listed by the BTS, but not by UDD:
 706649 737055 733762 731720 732656
Those are filed against pseudo-packages (installation-reports,
ftp.debian.org, cdrom). I'm not sure if they should be considered as
"affecting wheezy" in the UDD listing. (It might be non-trivial to
change).

It seems that all bugs where the BTS and UDD disagree are either
involving wheezy-ignore, or pseudo-packages.

> Interestingly enough, according to UDD only ~50 RC bugs are tagged
> wheezy-ignore[4], so I suspect the problem is not just limited to bugs
> tagged wheezy-ignore.

No, actually, there are more bugs than that tagged 'wheezy-ignore'.
The problem is that 'release=any' means (in UDD) 'id in (select id from
bugs where status!=\'done\')'. There's no easy way to get all
wheezy-ignore bugs using bugs.cgi.

Lucas