request for exception to policy 10.7.3

Hi debian-release,

Bug 760388 still happens with pepperflashplugin-nonfree 1.7 depending on which
version of chromium is used.  With older versions of chromium,
pepperflashplugin-nonfree still updates /etc/chromium/default (violation of
policy 10.7.3).  With newer versions of chromium, pepperflashplugin-nonfree
adds a file in /etc/chromium.d/ instead (no violation of policy 10.7.3).  So I
now have two options :

1. Modify pepperflashplugin-nonfree to never violate policy 10.7.3, and close
bug 760388.  As a consequence, pepperflashplugin-nonfree becomes useless for
users of an older version of chromium.  I'm afraid that this will lead to quite
some complaints, given the somewhat high popcon :
https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=pepperflashplugin-nonfree

2. Keep pepperflashplugin-nonfree as it is now (1.7), tolerating that it still
violates policy 10.7.3 for old versions of chromium, and close bug 760388
because it won't violate policy 10.7.3 for new versions of chromium, so
somewhat bending policy on this.  As a consequence, pepperflashplugin-nonfree
remains useful for users of older and newer chromium versions.

OK for you to follow option 2 ?

Regards,

Bart Martens