Re: Your libxmlezout upload 1.06.1-7

Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw@debian.org> a écrit :

Hi,

Your libxmlezout upload yesterday included an unco-ordinated library transition (SONAME is bumped from 1 to 2).

Sorry for that.

In 'Bits from the release team' or similar on:
 - 2013-12-26
 - 2014-05-01
 - 2014-07-05
 - 2014-09-26
it was announced, reminded, and reminded again that the window for transitions was to close on 5th September 2014. Besides being unco-ordinated, you also missed that window. You have a reverse dependency from liblog4ada.

Even if I am a DM for some time now, I don't fully master all the Debian arcane. I was polishing my liblog4ada packaging.

In this case, the transition is almost self-contained since you maintain the only reverse-dependency, and it's not in testing anyway. It also appears that this should have happened when the new upstream release was uploaded, and not in -7. For this reason, I will schedule the transition as normal[1]. This is an exception, and normally we would ask you to revert your changes.

Thanks for the transition schedule. I was catch by surprise that libxmlezout came so fast out of NEW, liblog4ada should follow very soon, also with a bump in SONAME because of gnat-4.9 compilation instead of gnat-4.6.

(The reason we get uppity about unco-ordinated transitions is that even if it's self-contained, we generally have to Do Things, including teaching britney about the changes.)

Thanks for the explanations.

xavier

1: no precedent inferred, before anyone else is tempted

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51

<directhex> i have six years of solaris sysadmin experience, from
            8->10. i am well qualified to say it is made from bonghits
			layered on top of bonghits

This message was sent using the webmail platform from IN2P3 Computing Center