Re: micro libsidplayfp transition

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 07:27:54 +0200, László Böszörményi (GCS) wrote:
>>  The audacious and related packages are in a good shape, only the
>> binNMU needed for audacious-plugins to the libsidplayfp ->
>> libsidplayfp3 transition. Please schedule it to finish this
>> transition.
>>
> I'm confused here.  There seems to be a libsidplayfp "transitional"
> package in sid, depending on the new libsidplayfp3.  That seems broken,
> since there's been a SONAME change.
 Yes, the SONAME is changed and the libsidplay package is only here to
pull in libsidplayfp3 where it may be present without
audacious-plugins installed. For audacious-plugins the breakage will
be fixed with the binNMU.
Next time should I just leave libsidplay on the system as an empty
package without informing users (without the transition) it has a new
library package?

Cheers,
Laszlo/GCS