binNMUs for dpkg-buildflags / -fstack-protector-strong

Hi release team,
dpkg-buildflags was switched to the strong stack protector on
the 10th of August. Many security-sensitive packages have already
been uploaded to unstable since then and I'm tracking which are
missing.

For the remaining ones I'd like to request binNMUs. Is that
ok with and when's the best time? Probably not to early before
the freeze since some maintainer uploads will follow anyway,
but also not to close to the freeze. Maybe mid-October?

Cheers,
        Moritz