Re: osmgpsmap not migrating to testing

On 08/10/2014 10:58 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:

[...]

> It is possible to make osm-gps-map a valid candidate, which would make
> it possible for it to migrate.  But what is needed is not an "unblock",
> instead you need "decruft".
>
> Your package is basically in middle of a transition; but since it is not
> in testing, it is not on caught by our auto-transition detection tool.
>
> The process from here
> =====================
>
> *In the particular case*, here is how I suggest we handle this:
>
>  * You bump #748386 to serious (or have it fixed).

Thanks to Tobias Frost's sponsorship, a NMU has fixed this (remove
osm-gps-map as a B-D). I have just been waiting for subsurface to
migrate to testing to be sure.

>  * Once that is done, I will ask the FTP master to carry out the
>    "decruft" *breaking unfixed reverse dependencies* of the binaries
>    being removed (see below).

I would be grateful if you could arrange for the "decruft".

> Be advised that this strategy is not always applicable.  But since
> none of the affected packages are in testing, there is nothing to
> lose from our (the RT's) perspective.

[...]

> ~Niels

And may thanks for the helpful explanations for next time.

Regards,

Ross