Re: heads up: work needed on upower?

Hello Robert Millan!

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 06:18:26PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> Yes. This is a typical porting issue (uintXX_t types are defined by <sys/types.h> on FreeBSD,
> so their code often doesn't include <stdint.h>).

Thanks for this information... but again I'm not sure what you're saying.

We're talking about /usr/include/kvm.h here.. "their code" ?

(experimental_kfreebsd-amd64-dchroot)ah@falla:~$ dpkg -S /usr/include/kvm.h
libkvm-dev: /usr/include/kvm.h

(experimental_kfreebsd-amd64-dchroot)ah@falla:~$ apt-cache show libkvm-dev | grep ^Maintainer
Maintainer: GNU/kFreeBSD Maintainers <debian-bsd@lists.debian.org>

I'm sorry if it's my bad english or any other reason that we're talking
past each other....
I've attached a simple minimal test-case that might help avoid confusion.
Please try to compile test.c

If I have to I can work around the broken system headers, but I'd
rather not carry workaround patches for bugs that never gets properly
fixed... (I see lftp is still carrying it's workaround for broken
kfreebsd headers. That was a nasty one. Wonder if it's still needed.)
Constantly having to rebase a patch for all eternal future is alot
of annoying and boring work which I really don't want to be bothered
with.
Also I wonder if maing upower compile will actually make it work
on kfreebsd. Would appreciate anyone with interest in the architecture
to actually test it.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson
#include <kvm.h>