Re: DSA concerns for jessie architectures

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Andreas Barth wrote:

> > Different answers - select the one you like most:
> > 1. We could buy a some loongson 2f machines (or newer), see e.g.
> > http://www.tekmote.nl/epages/61504599.sf/nl_NL/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61504599/Products/CFL-006
> > plus some memory. These machines have kernels in the archive, and not
> > the hardware bug with choking on too many nop-instructions in a row.
> > 2. We get the kernel team to accept the additional kernel config for
> > 2e (I'm too lazy now to search for the bug report from ages ago, but
> > the only difference needed to build kernels for our 2e-machines is an
> > additional kernel config, no code changes necessary)
> > 3. We have currently two new machines with loongson 3a processors to
> > test. It will take a bit of time to finally get a working kernel on
> > these, but that would also decrease build-times quite much.
>
> Currently mipsel is still marked as with DSA-concerns. Is the third
> option enough for DSA that the concerns are reasonably addressed for
> the moment (and the comment could be removed), or do we need to push
> on one of the other options as above?

I think it's great that you are working on addressing the concerns,
thanks again!

Until we have deployed the machines mentioned you are currently it's
still a concern however.  Also, just two machines might be a bit few if
we wand to replace eysler and eder.  If we want to keep them then we
also need to figure out something for their kernel.

Cheers,
weasel