Re: libotr 4.0.0 hasn't entered testing after 55 days

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Thibaut VARENE wrote:

> Still don't get it: why are bugs in packages that depend on libotr blocking
> libotr? libotr is perfectly fine and I don't see why it should be blocked
> from moving to testing because some packages that depend on it aren't
> properly maintained? Wnat if these packages are never updated to libotr5?
> Are we going to punish those who have updated? This is for instance
> preventing the migration of pidgin-otr and irssi-plugin-otr, and I'm
> receiving (angry) mail about it (which is the reason why I looked into this
> in the first place) ;-P

There are still binary packages depending on libotr2, once those are
fixed to depend on libotr5 then the binary packages from the old
libotr can be removed and the new one can migrate. I think, I'm not a
release team member though.

$ apt-cache rdepends libotr2
libotr2
Reverse Depends: