Re: New proposed-updates diff: apt 0.9.7.9

Hi,

On 2013-06-04 12:03, Debian Queue Viewer wrote:
+apt (0.9.7.9) stable; urgency=low
+
+  [ Ludovico Cavedon ]
+  * properly handle if-modfied-since with libcurl/https
+    (closes: #705648)
+
+  [ Andreas Beckman ]
+  * apt-pkg/algorithms.cc:
+ - Do not propagate negative scores from rdepends. Propagating the absolute + value of a negative score may boost obsolete packages and keep them + installed instead of installing their successors. (Closes: #699759)

Apologies if I missed the previous discussion, but how much testing have these changes had in a stable environment? Modifications to things like scoring algorithms in a stable update make me a little nervous (particularly less than two weeks before a point release). :-)

Regards,

Adam