Re: Updating /etc/debian_version and related files

On 01.06.2013 07:01, Christian PERRIER wrote:
Quoting Adam D. Barratt (adam@adam-barratt.org.uk):

We've had a quick chat about this, and our preference would be for
the option you've termed "ugly". Now that we've stopped using the
three part versioning, it seems more logical for wheezy to be
"Debian 7" and for the issue files to reflect that.

If this is the chosen design, why not have /etc/issue forget about the
".0" part, then? I see a lack of logic, there, in some way (indeed, my
own preference was for Santiago's "good" option).

I'm not a Debian developer but i would also vote for the good option.

Cheers,
Raoul