Re: Remove packages in t-p-u which migrated already?

On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 01:27 +0100, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> As of today, cruft-report marked bind9 as the only candidate for
> removal (1:9.8.4.dfsg.P1-1 >> 1:9.8.1.dfsg.P1-4.4), while my patched
> version revealed a much longer list [1].

Yeah, there's been a lot of tpu churn recently. :-/

> I wonder whether it could be possible to safely decruft those packages
> (by eventually deploying my patch in dak), or whether it is better to
> leave them in place.
[...]
> [1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/dktrkranz/t-p-u.cruft

It /should/ be safe. We do have an ssh trigger which can remove packages
from tpu and I hacked a script around a psql query a while ago to find
candidates; I just never got round to any form of automation and
obviously haven't run it for a while.

I do occasionally ponder whether it's worth integrating that in to
britney runs in some fashion.

Regards,

Adam