Re: Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status

Gnome guys is not interested in help kFreeBSD because now Gnome is Linux-only.
FreeBSD guys is porting Gnome 3.6 yet and Debian has 3.10 incoming.
I think is more feasible to bet on a Gnome-derivative DE like MATE and/or Cinnamon because they are portable and they are interested in being portable. Because of that I think is more just Cinnamon/Mate be the next default for Debian. Something like the former CD and DVD of xfce-lxde, I think is possible bring Cinnamon and Mate at the same optical media and still be smaller than Gnome. I think that make more sense than bring Xfce because the Cinnamon and Mate are forks and can replace Gnome perfectly including some packages like Pidgin, Gparted, Icedove and VLC.
Mate is coming for jessie. I think until the freeze we have Mate.