Re: DSA concerns for jessie architectures

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Samuel Thibault
<samuel.thibault@gnu.org> wrote:
> Samuel Thibault, le Sun 30 Jun 2013 11:38:33 +0200, a écrit :
>> Martin Zobel-Helas, le Sat 22 Jun 2013 19:26:44 +0200, a écrit :
>> > * hurd: no puppet/ruby broken (for 3 months+);
>>
>> I guess this went out of our radar somehow, and can be fixed not too
>> hardly.
>
> Actually puppet is installable. debian-hurd: can somebody who actually
> knows how to make it work test it and report bugs if any?

ruby2.0 has successfully been uploaded few hours ago. I just setup a
simple fileserver configuration, linux-master hurd-slave, and seems to
work fine.
Same configuration was already working months ago with ruby1.8/1.9.

[CC'ing ruby maintainers]

Build brokenness is due to testsuite. I'll call make test "basic" and
make test-all "full"
1.8 (EOL) - broken testsuite on all archs but ignored, so all succeed
1.9 - build runs both basic and full testsuites on all archs, none on
ia64. sparc, kfbsd*.
2.0 - build runs basic testsuite only on all archs

On hurd. a couple of patches made basic testsuite succeeding. Full one
doesn't yet.
That's why 2.0 turned into green and 1.9 won't (still to backport such
patches btw) unless even 1.9 build starts ignoring/avoid running full
testsuite.

--
G..e