Re: Please binNMU phonon-backend-vlc against the new libvlccore7

On 2013-10-30, Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> wrote:
> I concur with upstream. These packages should be fixed to use the stable
> API from libvlc instead of using libvlccore. Looking at the other
> package, they all just depend on libvlc, but not on libvlccore. Just
> phonon-backend-vlc requires libvlccore.

Unfortunately, some of the relevant api for writing something like
phonon-backend-vlc does live in libvlccore. I guess it could be
copied/duplicated/reimplemented, but it is there.

libvlc has api for vmem plugin to stream video into memory and callbacks
require you to calculate buffer
size/stride/pitch/visiblepitch/visiblestride for each chroma supported.

libvlccore has code to help doing that.

vlc_chroma_description_t for example.

Also note that I not fully undestand what I wrote above.

/Sune