linux-tools and libunwind transition

I recently (3.11-1) made linux-tools build-depend on libunwind8-dev, as
the perf tool can optionally make use of this library.  I didn't notice
that libunwind was part of a transition or that it is only available on
some architectures.

In linux-tools 3.11-2 I added the necessary architecture restriction to
this build-dependency, and it has built on most architectures.

I also made an NMU of libunwind, currently in DELAYED/3, which fixes the
RC bugs on it (one previously opened plus an FTBFS which I opened).

I'm not clear on what the status of this transition is now but it seems
like there is a problem that libunwind8 is not yet available for ia64.
Is it known to be broken?  Is this blocking testing transitions?

If it would be helpful, I can remove the build-dependency from
linux-tools for now.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
[W]e found...that it wasn't as easy to get programs right as we had thought.