Re: software-properties-gtk: #666869 (Ubuntu bits): stable backport?

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Julian/debian-release,
>
> Pleased to see that #666869 (mildly embarrassing presence of "Notify me
> of a new Ubuntu version" in the Debian package which got some exposure
> on reddit and other places) was fixed for sid (on Aug 23, my birthday no
> less ☺)
>
> Julian's fix is quite small/self-contained¹. I was wondering whether
> this could be a candidate for backporting to stable and releasing in a
> point release?
>

> Thanks
>
> ¹ http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~juliank/software-properties/debian/revision/676?start_revid=679

Fixing CVE-2013-1061 is more urgent, though; although I did not
understand the impact of that one yet.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.