Re: multipath-tools regression?

Fair enough. I have no San boot setup to test this. I am okay with the inclusion of the patch based on tests from u

s3nt fr0m a $martph0ne, excuse typ0s

On Oct 14, 2013 9:10 PM, "Salvatore Bonaccorso" <carnil@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Ritesh

Thanks for your reply!

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 08:50:15PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Hello Salvatore,
>

> Please check bug #618700. The udev rule changed with discussion on the
> upstream mailing list.

Yes I have read this. AFAICS this is about the dmraid part.

See my pu which includes that change. AFAICS the problem is that the
kpartx.udev rules additionally contained a workaround to read dm
information via /lib/udev/dmsetup_env (other distributions have a
patch having dmsetup export AFAIK).

# This is a temporary hack until Debian's dmsetup properly supports "dmsetup
# export". For more information see: #434241, #487881, #493078
IMPORT{program}="dmsetup_env %M %m"

So what I propose is to revert the changes to the pu mentioned
#726321, but keeping what was fixed for #618700.

Hope that helps,

Regards,
Salvatore