Fwd: Status of the first post-wheezy upload to sid

Hi folks,

JFYI:
| kibi@franck:~$ head -3 hints/kibi
| # 2013-10-13
| # d-i: improve l10n coverage (https://lists.debian.org/20131013202314.GD31284@mraw.org)
| urgent console-setup/1.102

Also urgented 2 packages for this morning's run in preparation for this
first d-i upload. Maybe looking at two uploads before actually building
cdimages, depending on how quickly we can find obvious bugs.

Mraw,
KiBi.
--- Begin Message ---
Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2013-10-13):
> I think that the above confirms your thoughts, so I'll probably proceed
> with a d-i upload to unstable later today.

FWIW we get a warning for all languages, defaulting to not continuing
the installation due to possible untranslated screens. That doesn't look
too nice to me, and I'm tempted to push console-setup into testing ASAP
to get a better translation status and a better installation experience.

console-setup diff from testing is:
|  .gitignore          |  612 ----------------------------------------------------
|  Fonts/.gitignore    |    5
|  Keyboard/.gitignore |    8
|  acm/.gitignore      |    2
|  debian/.gitignore   |   17 -
|  debian/changelog    |   36 +++
|  debian/po/ar.po     |   14 -
|  debian/po/bg.po     |   13 -
|  debian/po/cs.po     |    6
|  debian/po/da.po     |    9
|  debian/po/de.po     |   21 -
|  debian/po/el.po     |   10
|  debian/po/eo.po     |   10
|  debian/po/es.po     |    8
|  debian/po/fr.po     |    4
|  debian/po/ga.po     |    4
|  debian/po/gu.po     |    6
|  debian/po/hr.po     |    6
|  debian/po/is.po     |   16 -
|  debian/po/it.po     |   10
|  debian/po/ja.po     |    4
|  debian/po/kk.po     |    8
|  debian/po/kn.po     |    8
|  debian/po/lv.po     |   13 -
|  debian/po/ml.po     |   27 +-
|  debian/po/mr.po     |    8
|  debian/po/nb.po     |   12 -
|  debian/po/pl.po     |   33 +-
|  debian/po/ru.po     |   60 ++---
|  debian/po/sr.po     |    8
|  debian/po/tg.po     |    4
|  debian/po/th.po     |    4
|  debian/po/tr.po     |    7
|  debian/po/ug.po     |   14 -
|  debian/po/uk.po     |   15 -
|  debian/po/zh_TW.po  |    8
|  36 files changed, 220 insertions(+), 830 deletions(-)

meaning no code changes. Additionally, its only shipping arch: all
packages means we don't have any builds to wait for.

I also noticed missing fonts for Asian languages, some fun with
apt-setup (I believe) failing to find bits on the mirrors (but letting
the user continue after ACKing a warning screen); speakup seems also
buggy (confirmed by Samuel a few minutes ago). The installation process
went through though.

The fonts and speakup issues are unfortunate and I'll try to track them
down ASAP; the idea being getting an image out being to have a reference
image, we'll have to live with a few "known bugs", even if they're quite
nasty for some users…

Mraw,
KiBi.