Re: Call for Jessie Release Goals

On 2013-09-25 21:15, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 07:06:37PM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
>>>
>>> That applies for the hardening release goal. There's been quite some
>>> progress and things have started to roll on their own, but there's
>>> quite some work todo.
>>>
>>> So please re-add it for jessie.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>         Moritz
>>>

>> Is the goal page[1] up to date etc.?  The wiki suggests it has not been
>> updated in the past year.  Are all the advocates from Wheezy still
>> behind it (I took the liberty of CC'ing all of you).
>
> Most of the tracking happened inside SVN, AFAICS nothing needs to be updated ATM.
>
> Cheers,
>         Moritz

You might want to do as/wheezy/jessie/ on it. :)

>From what I can tell, the "subgoal-important" claims to only miss 5-7
packages[1], so I guess we can expect that subgoal will be fixed in
Jessie if the goal is carried over.

Would it be possible to include a summary of the status of the
individual subgoals?  Possibly in a different page that just once a day
(or week) aggregates the status of the subgoals (bonus if you graph it).
 FWIW, I did see the "Graph of progress", but does not appear to track
the subgoals but rather the total number of ELF binaries with some kind
of hardening[2].

Do you think you have time to finish all of the subgoals in Jessie and
if not do you have a priority between the remaining subgoals?

~Niels

Also, should I keep the CCs?

[1] iputils (656023) listed in the svn appears to have been fixed.

[2] That is also interesting, so do keep it.  However, since the focus
seems to be the subgoals, I would like to have some accessible numbers
on those.