Re: pending PU requests

On 2013-09-16 17:15, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> On 2013-09-16 10:16, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> wheezy bootchart #717498
>>   bootchart will be uninstallable in wheezy 7.2
>
> I am not in favour of propping up bootchart. It has no proper uploads
> since 2009, the maintainer is listed in MIA and this bug compounds the
> misery. Popcon has fallen steadily for some time now and it's only in
> Wheezy because it migrated automatically when the Squeeze freeze was
> lifted. I think we should consider removing it from Wheezy and sid.

Removing it altogether would be fine with me, but I'm not sure how
initscripts will react to this - it will probably fail to upgrade if
/etc/init.d/bootchart from lenny is still there - the bootchart package
must either be upgraded first (with a preinst hack unbreaking the old
script) or purged. And ensuring this clean upgrade path was all I'm
caring about ...

Andreas