Re: perl 5.18 progress

Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> writes:

> perl 5.18.0 was released today, and we're already well on the way to
> having it ready for upload to sid. However, it might be a month or more
> before it's ready from our end. Would you prefer to have a transition
> bug opened now, before our schedule become clear, or later on?

Be aware that Perl 5.18.0 includes podlators 2.5.1, which means that
pod2man now exits with an error by default if there are POD syntax errors.
I believe this means that some fairly large percentage of the packages
with the manpage-has-errors-from-pod2man will FTBFS once this becomes the
default version of Perl.

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/manpage-has-errors-from-pod2man.html