Re: piuparts testing for wheezy-next and squeeze2wheezy-next

On 2013-05-16 10:40, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
My question for the RT: is wheezy-proposed-updates a superset including the packages from wheezy-updates and wheezy/updates? (Except perhaps for
a short timespan a security update needs before shows up in s-p-u).
So I would only need to merge the Packages files from wheezy and
wheezy-proposed updates to get the full set of target packages (keeping
only the newest version). Or should I better merge wheezy +
wheezy/updates + wheezy-updates + wheezy-proposed-updates?

Packages in $DIST-updates will have been in $DIST-proposed-updates at some point, but may not be there now - for example, if a point release has occurred since the package was added to -udpates; in that case, the version in $DIST will be >= $DIST-updates.

Unfortunately the time between a package being released via security and being accepted in to -proposed-updates can be quite lengthy. We won't flag the security package for acceptance until all of the builds are available; otherwise the buildds will rebuild it in p-u and the two archives will end up with different packages with the same version number, changelog etc. By way of an illustration, the mysql-5.1 packages from DSA2496-1 are still in squeeze-p-u-NEW, because it FTBFS on ia64.

At the time of the final etch point release, there were still packages from security sitting in opu-NEW for the above reason; we finally accepted them in to opu as they were never going to be tried again on security and it meant we got build logs (iirc all but one of them still failed to build)

Regards,

Adam