Temporary solution for changelog problem in binNMUs

Hi,

with wheezy released and development on jessie started the problem with
binNMUs for multiarch-enabled packages is back: binNMU'ed packages have
different changelog entries and upgrades fail (for example [1]).

  [1] <http://bugs.debian.org/708097>

It's quite annoying as the problem is only detected when dpkg tries to
extract the package.

There have been previous discussions how to fix this[2]. The dpkg
maintainers would like to treat changelogs and copyright files as
metadata and move them out of /usr/share/doc[3].

  [2] <https://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2012/07/msg00017.html>
  [3] <http://bugs.debian.org/681289>

I believe it will still take a while to reach a consensus and implement
it. So I would like to propose a temporary solution until this is sorted
out:

   Let dh_installchangelogs split out the binNMU changelog entry into a
   changelog(.Debian).$arch.gz file for now.

Yes, this might not be the final solution, but at least binNMUs
shouldn't break any longer, at least as long as they have the same
version across all architectures.

For this sbuild should add "binary-only=yes" to the changelog[4] and
dh_installchangelogs split such entries into a separate file (will file
a bug soon).

  [4] <http://bugs.debian.org/681292>

Ansgar