Re: tiff 4.x (libtiff5) transition

Jay Berkenbilt <qjb <at> debian.org> writes:

> hoping Jessie will ship with only one version of the tiff library:
[…]
> I'd obviously like to get on this as soon as possible, but I understand

Agreed, but tiff depends on jpeg, and there are people who want to switch
jpeg to “jpeg-turbo” (still being unclear whether it implements all jpeg
functions or just these deemed “needed”) or, if not, jpeg might want a
soname bump too. So it might make sense to wait for completion of that,
or do them in one go (no idea what’s easier for Debian).

You might want to talk to the jpeg maintainer for this.

Just an outsider 2¢,
//mirabilos