Re: nbd freeze exception?

Hi all,

On 29-03-13 08:24, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> Hrm.
>>
>> Some of these are things that I do think should be part of r0.
>>
>> How about this, then:
>>
>> - No new upstream release (I knew that was a long shot, but hey, I had
>>   to try)
>> - I do upload a package with the following patches:
>>   - #685610 (important bug, failure of name-based exports when not used
>>     as root filesystem; patch in the BTS)
>>   - http://nbd.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=nbd/nbd;a=commitdiff;h=a0c3244429ea367defc0867cea8b2f351581c9d5
>>     (make nbd-server not go berserk upon receipt of a 'list exports'
>>     packet; fixes a remote DoS; not RC because it's disabled by default,
>>     but bad enough that it shouldn't be in the release)
>>   - http://nbd.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=nbd/nbd;a=commitdiff;h=9c8f822c023732ca9871358e2d324257e0290707
>>     (or equivalent; there is still some discussion on that patch. Fixes
>>     a false positive for a "request out of range" error that triggers on
>>     32-bit machines only)
> I've never received an answer to this.
>
> Meanwhile, I've done two uploads (because I forgot to fix the 'list
> exports' thing in the first upload, so I had to do another) with hardly
> anything more than the above.
>
> I'd appreciate it if you could look at the upload and possibly approve
> it, although I of course concede that it's your prerogative to reject
> the upload for testing, if you think it prudent.
>
> Thanks,

I realize I might be looking like an ass here, but I'd really like some

For reference, the individual patches that went into these releases are
available (with more detailed explanation) at
<http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/wouter/nbd.git;a=summary>. I
didn't drink the 3.0 (quilt) kool-aid, so not there yet.

Thanks,

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy
requires you to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once,