Re: ia32-libs-* updates (was: Re: 6.0.7 planning)

Op vrijdag 15 februari 2013 17:58:23 schreef Adam D. Barratt:
> On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 10:41 +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> >   [ cups (1.4.4-7+squeeze2) stable-security; urgency=high ]
>
> Our sanity check grumbled about this one, as p-u has +squeeze3; is that
> intentional? I can't remember what we've done in such situations
> previously.

First of all, let's make it clear that this isn't a blocker for accepting the
current packages right now: they are an improvement over what's currently in
squeeze also without the squeeze3 update, and this one fix pertains to a man
page which is not relevant to ia32-libs.

The issue of adding proposed-updates as a source for building ia32-libs was
discussed last year on this mailinglist. The SRM by way of Philipp seemed to
suggest that it was not desirable. I'm not decided anyway and left the final
decision to the SRM, which to my knowledge wasn't yet followed up on:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2011/12/msg00399.html

So the status quo remains. When SRM indicates that they'd like to add p-u to
ia32-libs sources, then I'll gladly do that.

Cheers,
Thijs