Query: Can #694986 be fixed or ignored?

On ARM arches, the flash-kernel postinst modifies /etc/default/rcS
to set FSCKFIX=yes.  However, this is now modifying a conffile and
so buggy.

In the bug, I have a patch to get flash-kernel to update
/etc/default/fsck instead, and I would propose to add a new
configuration file, /etc/default/fsck, to contain the settings for
boot time fsck options.  This change would be in initscripts.

Given that it's quite late in the freeze, I just wanted to check
if this change would be acceptable at this point, or if the bug
could be ignored for wheezy?  The impact is low: it only affects
arm arches, and the only effect is a dpkg conffile prompt.

In general, setting FSCKFIX=yes on a per-arch basis is not correct;
not all ARM systems are embedded, likewise other arches need it but
don't set it by default.  Something other than arch needs to determine
the default setting.  Also, if it's something the user/installer
chooses, then is modifying a conffile acceptable in this case; other
tools do this on the user's behalf.

Thanks,
Roger

--