Re: xml2rfc: fails to install, remove, distupgrade, and install again

Control: block 680291 by 681194

Hi Emanuele,

Thank you very much for notifying me of this issue. Also sorry for not
having answered earlier.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:52:30AM +0200, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
> This seems to be related to the changes introduced to dh_installcatalogs
> (see #477751).

This is correct.

> Helmut, I took the liberty to put you in CC as you probably have some
> hints for how to proceed? Note that other packages might show the same
> behavior reported here: docbook-website comes to mind.

This issue is an instance of #681194. In order to fix this issue, this
package needs to be rebuild (that means sourceful upload with new
revision) using an updated version of debhelper. It is yet unclear
whether Joey Hess intends to fix this as he hasn't spoken up yet. Note
that if these issues are to be tagged wheezy-ignore, they can be closed
as well, as they only affect upgrades from squeeze. The release team
being queried about which course of action they desire also has not
replied thus far.

So this issue serves as a good example to ping both.

Helmut