Re: [RFH] Release of D-I Alpha1

Hi again,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (07/05/2012):
> in case it helps, I've prepared a branch with some changes for d-i.
> Given what's in git looks suitable for everyone's needs (basically:
> getting it to build on kfreebsd-* again), it only contains minor stuff
> (namely: pleasing lintian).
>
> Otavio, please let me know if you want me to upload it, or if you prefer
> handling it yourself.
>
>   git://anonscm.debian.org/users/kibi/debian-installer.git

since there are apparently only two known bugs with the current git,
Miguel is looking into documenting them as errata for alpha 1. In the
meanwhile, I've pushed my master branch along with a signed tag for
20120507, and the upload of the generated amd64 images is going on.

Whether this is the one labelled alpha 1 or not isn't exactly my call,
but I guess it's mostly about PR et al., rather than about technical
matters. As far as I'm concerned, a missing upload was what worried me
most, especially this late in the release cycle, hence my upload today.

Otavio, I'd like to thank you for letting us know you needed some help
to get that done. I've been in such a position (I'm still, actually),
and I know how it feels. Come back soon! ;)

I hope we'll be able to get the ball running. Please direct any blame to
me. ;)

Mraw,
KiBi.