Re: Your "acpid" stable upload

> I noticed that you've uploaded an "acpid" package to proposed-updates.
> Was this discussed with anyone on the release team beforehand?

Yeah with Zobel. Come to think of it, he's no longer a stable release manager,
is he? Sorry for the fuzz guys. Feel free to reject the upload. My bad, I
hurried the upload after seeing the announcement of the next point release.

> Looking at the bug referenced in the changelog, I see that there was
> some debate as to whether the changes might be included in a future DSA
> or stable update but no discussion with anyone outside the security
> team.

Right. Here's the story:

The security team did a release fixing two bugs. One was in an example script,
the other one unfortunately wasn't done right. So right now we have an acpid
package that doesn't work correctly.

After the bug report showed the problem I asked them to release a new version
but they refused and pointed me to the next point release, which is why I
uploaded that package yesterday.

If you're willing to accept the package but need some changes please tell me
and I will take care of it.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com