Re: Freeze exception request to openscenegraph 3.0.1-4 for wheezy

On 2012-11-20 22:47, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Please CC pkg-osg-devel@ when replying).

Hi,

> We're preparing a fix for a bug in openscenegraph (see attached file).
> I am not sure if the bug should be considered release critical, but at
> least it's an important drawback for people using pkg-config along
> with the library.

I believe it might be worth fixing this in wheezy.

> There are also some other fixes, including enabling hardened builds.
> The changes are not very intrusive, I think, but we're not very sure
> about dh compat level 7 -> 9.

The debhelper compat change is unacceptable for an unblock.

The rest of the fixes can be included with the pkg-config fix.

> Can you please comment/advise?
>

> Cheers.

Feel free to upload the fixed version with the debhelper compat
/reverted/.  If you do so, please file an unblock bug once
openscenegraph has been in unstable for a couple of days (and has been
rebuilt on all relevant architectures).

~Niels