Re: Candidates for removal from testing (results)

On 2012-10-18 10:32, Niels Thykier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
> If the relevant RC bugs in the affected packages are not dealt with
> /before/ Friday the 26th of Oct., the packages will be removed from
> testing.  Note that "dealt with" may also include downgrading a
> severity-inflated bug or fixing affected versions in the BTS.

Britney has just finished removing the following 21 packages:

ax25-apps, fabric, firmware-crystalhd, icewm-themes, ilisp, inguma,
lustre, mingw-ocaml, noflushd, openvas-plugins-dfsg, php-crypt-gpg,
phpgacl, python-django-piston, smbind, sorl-thumbnail, spatialite-gui,
sugar-chat-activity-0.86, sugar-log-activity-0.86, sugar-moon-activity,
twidge, venkman

The removed packages accounted for about 4.4% of all RC bugs left in
testing[0].

> [...]
>
> Should you need a bit more time than given, please do not hesitate to
> contact us.  It is also easier for us if we can avoid having to
> reintroduce a removed package.
>
> [...]

We got about 3 or 4, who took advantage of this offer.  I also noticed
two bug reports with a promise of a (N)MU in the report, which I left
for now[1].

By my count 5 RC bugs got downgraded and about packages 14 got an upload
to unstable (most of which have already been unblocked).

~Niels

[0]
According to [BTS-RC], there were 479 RC bugs concerning testing at 6 am
UTC.  Assume that each package only had 1 RC each, 21/479 ~~ 4.4%

[BTS-RC] http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

[1] But I intend check up on them.