Re: VLC Enable sftp

Am Dienstag, den 25.09.2012, 19:02 +0100 schrieb Adam D. Barratt:
> On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 00:35 +0800, Larry Pinney wrote:
> > VideoLAN should have sftp enabled in order to play video on the (my)
> > LAN.
> > Please include the commit from Benjamin Drung in the upcoming Release.
> >

> > http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-multimedia/vlc.git;a=commitdiff;h=ebfad0e
>
> The Release Team can't do anything about a patch that's not in unstable.
> CCing the vlc maintainers; please direct further discussion there.
> (From a very quick look it sounds featurish and therefore possibly not
> appropriate at this point, but if the maintainers wish to include it in
> a future upload then that's their decision.)

I asked Larry to ask the release team. I like to get this change into my
next upload to unstable, which will fix the RC bug #687657. I like to
discuss this change with the release team before doing an upload and
getting a 'No' as answer. Is it a bug or a feature to support sftp? The
sftp module is a separate module and therefore it should bring a very
low regression risk.

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer