Re: which udev release for wheezy?

Hi Marco, hi release team!

On 15.07.2012 19:40, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> My proposal for wheezy is to:
> - immediately fix a few major packaging issues of udev 175 in testing
> - upload udev 182 to unstable and keep it there for a few months
> - evaluate migrating 182 to testing later (in september?)

udev 183 introduces a soname bump for libudev [1] (libudev0 → libudev1)
and uses symbols versioning starting with this version.
Some symbols were dropped and a few changed the return type from void
foo_unref() to struct foo* foo_unref().
As libudev is a library which is also used by other libraries, this can
potentially lead to issues for future upgrades.

So I'm wondering if we should patch the current version in wheezy (be it
175 or 182), add symbols versioning and binNMU the rdeps?

Michael

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=20bbd54f603994a3cc211d2795de16550882ed8d
universe are pointed away from Earth?