mpg321 - Critical bug that makes package unusable and breaks others also

Hi all.
I have a question to make before proceeding in trying to find a sponsor
for one of my packages (mpg321). I want to close one or two bugs (non-RC)
but I want also to DISABLE one new feature that I added recently. This new
feature (buffered output) does not perform very well and its not very
stable making mpg321 unusable sometimes (also sometimes breaks packages
that use -b option that was not implemented till now because the behavior
is non-deterministic). Because debian is in Freeze state for the moment
will it be possible for this package to pass from unstable to testing and
eventually to stable?
I think that this is the better approach because the new Debian release
should give to its users the best quality.
Thanks in advance.

Please CC me because I am not subscribed in the list.

/Chris